Site Map - 2
Virginia Colony: Lord Delaware's arrival, the election of Captain James
Smith as president of the Virgina Council, and destruction of the settlements.
- Jamestown Colony:
Six black and white drawings of the arrival at Jamestown, building, settlement, Captain Smith
making a treaty with the Indians and on an exploring voyage, and a lovely
drawing of Pocahontas.
- Jamestown: Pictures of men building the first house, religious services, cultivation
of tobacco, defense against Indians, and other illustrations of Jamestown.
- John Smith: John Smith's coat of arms, a fight with a Turk, encounters with Indians, and the rescue by Pocahontas.
John Smith: More depictions of Captain John Smith standing before Powhatan,
with Pocahontas saving his life, portraits, and other images.
- Mayflower: Several illustrations of the Mayflower, as well as relics from the vessel and an image of the signing of the Mayflower Compact.
- Plymouth Rock: Three different views of historic Plymouth Rock.
- Plymouth: The first seal of the Plymouth Colony, a map of Plymouth Harbor, Samoset's
visit to the colony , a pilgrim family, and building houses.
- Plymouth Colony: Six more images of Plymouth Colony including the landing of the pilgrims, fighting Indians, the treaty between the colony and Massasoit, pilgirms going to chuch, and a little Pilgrim girl.
- Pilgrims: Six images including
John Alden and Mary Chilton, the first landing, and public worship at Plymouth.
Colony: Pictures of Plymouth Bay in midwinter, Myles Standish, Puritans
going to chuch, and views of churches in Boston.
Massachusetts: Images of a Quaker on trial, a man in the stocks, fishermen
off the coast of New England, cutting down the maypole, and an early image
of Harvard College.
Bay Colony: Images of the Massachusetts Bay Colony's coat
of arms, a map of the coast, Puritans wading ashore, a call to prayer, and
a fair Puritan.
- New England Colonies: Six illustrations including the seal of New England, early New England
settlements and settlers, Pilgirms going to chuch, the old South Church and
Faneuil Hall, both of Boston.
- Puritans: This page has an assortment of images which includes a Puritan wedding procession, Puritans barricading their house against Indians, and English Puritans escaping to America.
Life: Additional etchings of the landing on Cape Cod, the first Sunday
at New Haven, returning from a wedding, the break-up of a Puritan meeting,
and Puritan morality enforced.
Witch Trials: A portrait of Cotton Mather, Tituba
and the children, Susanna Trimmings and Goodwife Walford, and more.
Witchcraft Trials: A sketch of the first church in Salem, a delusion
scene in court, another portrait of Mather, and Martha Corey in prison.
- Maryland Colony: Cecil Calvert, Governor Calvert and an Indian chief, St. Mary's Point, Claiborne's
Trading Post, an Indian attack, and the first Jesuit chapel of the Maryland
- Colonial Maryland: Pictures of Lord Baltimore, a Maryland shilling and the
coat of arms, a map of the boundary of Maryland, and an old manor house.
Colony: Several images relating to the Connecticut
Colony including the coat of arms, people emigrating and settling in
Connecticut, the burning of Pequod Fort, and the first settlement at
- Colonial Connecticut: Six more illustrations including emigrants, an attack on the Indians of Block Island,
pictures of New Haven and the Charter Oak.
- Colonial Rhode Island: Various pictures of Roger Williams and the first settlements.
- Roger Williams: More images of Roger Williams and his exile and assistance from the Native Americans.
- North Carolina Colony: Six images include settlers, a map of the region, a scene on the north coast, a settlers cabin, and the colony's coat of arms.
Carolina Colony: Pictures of the depicting
Charleston Harbor, a seal of the proprietor of Carolina, Hilton Head at the
entrance to Port Royal, pirates in Charleston, and Sothell and his followers
seizing the S.C. government.
Amsterdam: The oldest picture of New York, its first settlement, the
purchase of Manhattan Island, and Dutch trading.
York Colony: The landing of the Dutch Colony on Staten Island, the first
settlement of Albany, Dutch traders at Manhattan, and more.
- Colonial New York: Pictures of the first New York settlement, the coat of arms, a Dutch house in Albany, and the burning of Schenectady.
Images Stuyvesant's reception
at New Amsterdam, as well as pictures of him at Fort Orange, and with Beekman
- New Jersey Colony: Governor Carteret's arrival, one of
the first meeting houses in Newark, trading with the Native Americans, and
- Pennsylvania Colony: Pennsylvania
Colony's coat of arms, colonists on the Delaware, William Penn
in prison, the town of Chester, and the Letitia Cottage in Philadelphia.
- Colonial Pennsylvania:
Penn laying out the plan for Philadelphia, the Treaty Ground at Kensington,
and the Penn Mansion.
Penn: Arriving in America, later at Newcastle, his voyage up the Delaware,
and his treaty with the Indians.
- Portrait of William Penn: Six more black and white Portraits of William Penn.
Seven images of Quakers, or Friends, including two images of George Fox, a
Quaker trial, a Quaker woman preaching in New Amsterdam, a meeting house in
Flushing, and sadly, Quakers being lead to execution.
- Colonial Georgia: These pictures include a print of Savannah from 1741, a map of the coast, the
seal of the Georgia trustees, and Oglethorpes' landing.
- James Oglethorpe: There are six pictures on this page showing
Oglethorpe being received at Darien, as well as a scene of him with his militia
and with the Native Americans.
More Colonial Images
- Southern Colonies: A southern homestead, two maps of early settlements, images of Baltimore and
an old Virginia mansion.
and Indian War: Several views of the French
and Indian War including the first shot, a map showing positions of French
and English forts, and several pictures of General George Washington.
Braddock: Eight images of Edward
his march, a map of his route, the retreat of his army, his death, his grave,
Life in the Colonies
- Colonial Life:
On this page you'll find drawings of various relics such as a sundial,
spinning wheel, and some interesting tools.
Women: Here you'll find eight interesting images of colonial
women including Ann Hutchinson, Anne Burden, and others.
Clothing: Clothing of the Puritans, a Dutch man and
woman, and a colonial English gentleman.
Fashion: Six views of colonial fashion including Quaker and Huguenot
men and women and fashions from George I's reign.
- Colonial Clothes: Dresses from Massachusetts, Virginia, and a gown of brocade imported from China.
- Colonial Dress: Engravings of several elaborate gowns and more simple Quaker dress.
Typical costumes of settlers, two fancy dresses, the ordinalry
dress of a boy and girl, a soldier, and a countryman and a peddler.
Houses: Six images of colonial houses, with drawings showing how the
colonists built their houses, two views of a colonial block house, and two
rooms from a Virginian mansion.
Colonial Times: Pictures of a New England kitchen scene, a colonial dame and
madam, training day in olden times, a scold gagged, Pilgrims at church, a
wanton gospeler, and the pilory.